The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB is a single-board computer released by the Raspberry Pi foundation in 2020. It is an upgrade to the Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, offering double the RAM. It is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 processor and comes with 8GB of LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM.
It also has dual micro HDMI (2.0) ports, two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and a Gigabit Ethernet port. It features Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. It has a 5V DC power input, which can be powered by a USB-C power supply. The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB also supports a 4K video display at up to 60 frames per second.
Raspberry Pi 4 8GB 2023 Short Specs
The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB Model is a single-board computer released in 2020. It is the first Raspberry Pi to feature 8GB of RAM.
- CPU: Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore VI
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM
- Storage: MicroSD card slot (up to 2TB supported)
- Connectivity: Dual-band 2.4/5GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x HDMI 2.0 port, Gigabit Ethernet port, 1x 3.5mm analog audio-video jack
- Power: 5V/3A USB-C power input
Raspberry Pi 4 2023 Modules
The dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth have modular compliance verification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing, improving both price and time to store. The Raspberry Pi 4 2023 has 3 versions depending on the size of RAM, you can choose according to your needs:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Computer Model B 1GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Computer Model B 2GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Computer Model B 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 4 Computer Model B 8GB
Raspberry Pi 4 2023 Add-ons
We have prepared lots of add-ons for Raspberry Pi. Such displays and accessories will give the Raspberry Pi more features and possibilities. For example Pi 4, we especially recommend the Grove Base Hat for Raspberry Pi, which links the Raspberry Pi to our Grove system, so you can easily use most of the Grove modules with your Raspberry Pi 4. Since the pi changes the full HDMI interface into two micro HDMI ports, so you may need this Micro HDMI to HDMI Adapter to work with your HDMI display.
The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB is expected to be released in 2023. The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB is expected to feature 8GB RAM and support for 4K video output. It will also feature a faster processor, improved graphics, and faster networking. The Raspberry Pi 4 8GB is likely to be more expensive than the current Raspberry Pi 4 but will provide more power and capabilities.