International Cat Day 2022 is celebrated on August 8th, and it’s easy to see why our feline friends retain such a unique place in our hearts. Funny cat videos, memes, and attractive cat photographs are among the most popular online, confirming our affinity with the furry creatures. While studies suggest that watching hilarious cat videos online may enhance a person’s energy and promote happy emotions, experts say that owning a cat is also beneficial to your heart. Petting a cat is thought to decrease stress, and given people’s hectic schedules, they can be a more convenient and far less demanding option for a pet than owning a dog.
If you ask me, cats have more than managed to earn their special treats and cuddles this Happy International Cat Day, then just go ahead and show your gratitude to that moggy in your life or purchase that extra pack of cat food at the store to donate to your local rescue center as a small token of gratitude to our four-legged friends!
Every year on August 8th, the world celebrates International Cat Day. The International Fund for Animal Welfare has established in 2002. International Cat Care (Cathcart), a feline organization, has been the guardian of International Cat Day since 2022. International Cat Day is also known as World Cat Day in some countries, and it has grown in popularity since its establishment.
5 Facts about Cat That’s Amazed You
- The most audible Purr!
Merlin, a Black and White Cat first from the United Kingdom, holds the world’s record for the loudest purr, at 67.8db.
- Quicker than you think
Your cat may reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour!
- The most affluent cat in town!
When Blackie’s affluent owner died, he received a seven-million-pound inheritance, as per “Guinness World Records.”
- No sweet detection
Cats are unable to smell sweetness which explains the reason they are not attracted to it.
- To you, meow!
Cats, according to scientists, only use their meows to communicate with people and not with one another – apart from their moms when they are kittens.
Traditions of Happy International Cat Day
On International Cat Day, cats are treated like royalty. Not that they aren’t treated and overwhelmed with love on most occasions, but they’re exceptionally treated and lavished with love today.
Cats are the pickiest members of the family, as such the day is managed to spend catering to their every need: purchasing their yummy foods and expensive catnip, allowing them to shred to their heart’s content, allowing them to wail, and perhaps even adjusting into their preferred television show (there really are videos on the internet of cats slavishly watching “Tom and Jerry.”)
Not that every cat is fortunate enough to live in a loving home with a rich lifestyle. Stray cats are prone to cruelty and injury as a result of car accidents and other unpleasant situations, so donations to animal sanctuaries and welfare organizations are appreciated. Cats are also acquired and placed in new homes, particularly by children acquiring their first pet.
Activates for International Cat Day
- Time to connect with those in need
There are numerous homeless cats all over the world, well what greater day to express their love and respect than today?
- Spend time around your fluffy children.
If you own a cat, International Cat Day is an ideal day to celebrate and express affection to your pet.
- Show them some “catness”
Even if you really do not like cats, try to treat them with dignity and kindness, and use this opportunity to raise awareness about cat respect on social media.
Happy Cat Day 2022 Wishes
- “You know, a cat can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of…”
- “Cats make the most amazing friends because they are caring, loving, and honest… the qualities we love to see in relationships that are close to our hearts…. Happy Cat Day Wishes 2022…”
- “No matter how you’re feeling, a little cat gonna love you…”
- “If you want someone to love you forever, buy a cat, feed it and keep it around…”
- “It’s not the size of the cat in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the Happy Cat Day Wishes 2022…”
- “Her grace and love are unmatched….. Her loyalty and charm can win any heart….. Sending best wishes on National Cat Day to the most adorable CAT Day 2022…”
- “Feed her with milk and she will pamper you with love….. Give her love and she will always stay honest to you….. Warm wishes on World Cat Day to the cat lover I know…”
- “On the occasion of National Cat Day Wishes, I want to wish you and your dearest, cutest CAT a day full of love, merriment, and enjoyment….. May it is always blessed…”
Happy International Cat Day 2022 Messages
- “Cats only want your love and pampering and they are going to shower you with all their love and cuteness…. Warm wishes on Happy Cat Day 2022…”
- “A boy can learn a lot from a cat: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down…”
- “When a man’s best friend is his cat, that cat has a problem…”
- “Cat has boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a cat as a life coach…”
- “It doesn’t matter whether the cat is white or black because a cat is a cat and if you are a cat lover, you love them all…. Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “Warm wishes on World Cat Day to you…. May you and your cat enjoy this wonderful day with lots of celebrations and happiness.”
- “On the occasion of Happy World Cat Day, I am sending lots of love and greetings to you for a day full of love and celebrations…”
- “If you are special to a cat, you are indeed very special and loved because you will always have someone to come back home to…. Happy National Cat Day 2022…”
- “A cat is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself…”