Nothing is nearly as graceful as a black cat; like a smaller version of an Amazonian jaguar, they sleep atop the tallest point in the region and awaken several times every day to scavenge for tempting treats. However, black cats and kittens are sometimes disregarded by animal shelters when they are looking for new homes and may stay there for a lot longer than they ought to. Every year on August 8th, the world celebrates International Cat Day. The International Fund for Animal Welfare was established in 2002. International Cat Care (Cathcart), a feline organization, has been the guardian of International Cat Day since 2020. International Cat Day is also known as World Cat Day in some countries, and it has grown in popularity since its establishment.
International Cat Day Dates.
History Of Happy International Cat Day
It’s interesting to note that cats were widely venerated in ancient Egypt, in part because of their prowess against vermin-like mice and rats. Royal cats were rumored to wear golden jewels and be permitted to eat directly off their owners’ plates. Bastet, a lady with a cat-like head, was the goddess of battle. Have you ever been afraid of running into a black cat? This comes from ancient superstitions when people believed that it would bring them bad luck. In many historical and cultural contexts, black cats were actually associated with good things. Therefore, National Cat Day was established to be observed on August 08 each year in an effort to refute these stereotypes regarding black cats.
But black cats are now frequently associated with mischief or bad luck, although not everyone is aware of the reasoning for this. According to Celtic mythology, fairies might take the shape of black cats, therefore their appearance in a house or hamlet was interpreted as a sign of luck. Black cats were once thought to be the carriers of fairies; however, the Pilgrims who came after them were fervently religious and terrified of anything even remotely connected to the pagan beliefs of their ancestors.
As a result of this fear, black cats were relegated to the status of witches’ and demons’ carriers. At that time, it was customary to severely reprimand anyone who kept black cats as pets and even to put the cats to death. Black cats are still frequently seen by many Westerners as omens of bad luck, despite the fact that no one actually believes in the myth that they are witches or demons in disguise anymore.
Celebration of the International Cat Day
The following questions will determine how you choose to celebrate this. Do you have a cat, first of all? Second, if you don’t already, are you prepared and would you like to get a cat? Thirdly, what can you do to honor this unique species if the answers to the first two questions were no? Today is the perfect day to treat your cat, especially a black one, to something extra special.
We frequently forget to return some of the affection that our pets provide us on a daily basis because we are all so busy with our lives today. Therefore, get your cat a new toy or some yummy treats, and spend the afternoon massaging its belly or playing tug-of-war with it. Animals are the best at appreciating the small things in life.
Maybe today should be the day you adopt a feline into your life if you’ve been considering getting a cat of your own and have the time to care for it properly. What are you waiting for? Animal shelters are always overflowing with kittens and older cats who need a person of their own and a warm, comfy bed, and black cats are less likely to be adopted than other cats. You can also purchase a black kitten if you are ready to pay some money; breeds like Bombay are all-black and are renowned for their devotion and playfulness.
And even if you are unable to own a cat owing to allergies or other restrictions, you may still enjoy this day! Numerous cats can be helped by a little donation to your neighborhood animal shelter, and it will also make you popular with cats in general, just in case they truly do possess magical abilities.
International Cat Day: Overview
|Name of Day||International Cat Day|
|Created By||International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)|
|Observed On||8th of August|
|Significance||To raise awareness for cats and learn about ways to help and protect them.|
|Celebration Location||US, UK, Canada, India & Many European Countries.|
Happy Cat Day 2022 Wishes
- “You know, a cat can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of…”
- “Cats make the most amazing friends because they are caring, loving, and honest… the qualities we love to see in relationships that are close to our hearts…. Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “No matter how you’re feeling, a little cat gonna love you…”
- “If you want someone to love you forever, buy a cat, feed it and keep it around…”
- “It’s not the size of the cat in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the Happy Cat Day 2022…”
- “Her grace and love are unmatched….. Her loyalty and charm can win any heart….. Sending best wishes on National Cat Day to the most adorable CAT Day 2022…”
- “Feed her with milk and she will pamper you with love….. Give her love and she will always stay honest to you….. Warm wishes on World Cat Day to the cat lover I know…”
- “On the occasion of National Cat Day, I want to wish you and your dearest, cutest CAT a day full of love, merriment, and enjoyment….. May it is always blessed…”
Happy International Cat Day 2022 Messages
- “Cats only want your love and pampering and they are going to shower you with all their love and cuteness…. Warm wishes on Happy Cat Day 2022…”
- “A boy can learn a lot from a cat: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down…”
- “When a man’s best friend is his cat, that cat has a problem…”
- “Cat has boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a cat as a life coach…”
- “It doesn’t matter whether the cat is white or black because a cat is a cat and if you are a cat lover, you love them all…. Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “Warm wishes on World Cat Day to you…. May you and your cat enjoy this wonderful day with lots of celebrations and happiness.”
- “On the occasion of Happy World Cat Day, I am sending lots of love and greetings to you for a day full of love and celebrations…”
- “If you are special to a cat, you are indeed very special and loved because you will always have someone to come back home to…. Happy National Cat Day 2022…”
- “A cat is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself…”
Happy International Cat Day 2022 Quotes
- “Home is where a cat is because she is so full of love and life that she can spread happiness around you…”
- “A cat is a friend for life who is going to fill your heart and life with lots of love and affection…”
- “If you have a cat at home, you will always have someone waiting for you to come back…”
- “Cat can be your friend but never be a slave…. She will always want your love and attention…”
- “There is no one else who can make such cute and innocent faces like a CAT.”
- “There is no better love in this world than love from Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “Cats have the quality to outsmart dogs each and every time…”
- “If you suffer from depression or ignorance, you need a cat to make it a happy day for you every Cat Day 2022…”
- “Cats are one of the cutest and greatest joys in life…. Give them a place in your heart and home.
- “With a cat in the house, you are never alone as you always have someone to share your happiness with…”
- “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.” — Mark Twain
- “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” — Sigmund Freud
- “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” — Hippolyte Taine
- “My cats are really sassy and sophisticated, but most importantly, they are picky.” — Jason Wu
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” — Charles Dickens
Happy International Cat Day Saying 2022
- “CATS are always there to welcome you home from a tiring day at work and make you smile, soothe your soul in the best possible way Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “Time spent with CAT is time well spent….. So spend your time wisely and smartly on International Cat Day 2022…”
- “The cuteness of CATs makes you fall for them again and again…”
- “CATS are smart because they know how to get food without labor, love without pain and penalty, and shelter without confinement Happy Cat Day 2022…”
- “Time spent with cat is the time utilized best Happy International Cat Day 2022…”
- “The way she walks to the way she sits, she is pure style and grace…”
- “Cat is emotionally very expressive and honest…”
- “There is no other animal as graceful and as cunning as a Happy Cat Day 2022…”
- “You don’t choose a cat to love but a cat chooses you Happy International Cat Day 2022…”