Think of National Taco Day, which occurs on October 4 each year. As a focused and enhanced version of the “Taco Tuesdays” that many businesses offer in an effort to attract Happy Hour-like crowds. To further whet your hunger for the topic, consider this: Taco John’s, a fast-food restaurant founded in Wyoming, actually trademarked the term “Taco Tuesday” across the nation in 1989, with the exception of New Jersey, where Gregory’s Restaurant & Bar had already claimed the title back in 1982.
Nobody, however, needs to be concerned about the legitimacy of the name of their dinner. During National Taco Day, all we need to do is pick up some tortillas and fill them with tasty ingredients, such as fish, chorizo, or even tongue, to mention just a few “meat component” alternatives to the classic carne asada, cheeses, tomato, lettuce, and sour cream filling. Even the word “stuff” is not an accident many think it came from the Spanish verb “taco,” which means “to stuff.”
NATIONAL TACO DAY 2022: WHEN IS IT?
Each year on October 4 in the United States, National Taco Day is observed. There have been a few instances where May 3 has been designated as Taco Day, however, this is no more the situation. On March 31, Mexico celebrates Da del Taco (Day during the Taco).
This year, foodies can celebrate both Taco Tuesday and National Taco Day on the same day, October. 4, with deals ranging from free tacos to 10 mini tacos for $10. Chains like Taco Bell, Del Taco, El Pollo Loco, and Moe’s Southwest Grill are offering deals to commemorate the occasion.
HOW TO OBSERVE #TacoDay
There are many traditional variations of tacos. Try a style of taco you’ve never had before. You might be surprised at how many options there are. Don’t forget to share the recipe while you’re celebrating and give a shout-out to your favorite Mexican restaurants, food trucks, and taco stands.
- Taco Pizza
- Skirt Steak Tacos with Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Veggie Tacos
NATIONAL TACO DAY’S HISTORY
Arturo Warman (1937–2003), an archaeologist and historian who focused on prehistoric Mexican culture, was quoted as suggesting that the Aztecs and Mayans crossed wild grasses starting approximately 3,000 BC to generate the enormous, nutrient-rich kernels we now know as maize. Because the corn tortilla spread so quickly, became such a versatile component of Mexican cuisine and attracted so many devotees—some of whose descendants are, of course, the taco-loving food bloggers of today—National Today feels comfortable designating that period as the actual beginning of the taco as just a food item.
It may or may not have been on October 4, 1520, that adventurer Hernando Cortez wrote to Spain’s King Charles V mentioning the local flatbread, “Tlaxcala,” but at that time, Cortez and his companions gave the dish the name “tortilla.”
From that point on, it seemed inevitable that the taco would spread to dinner tables all over the world thanks to developments in culinary science and communication. Californian cookbooks started to offer taco recipes around 1914. The taco fully stayed true to its description (similar to the general term “sandwich”) and nearly attained ubiquity in the ensuing decades. We haven’t received a single criticism.
National Taco Day Images
Happy National Taco Day 2022 Wishes
- “I love you as much as I love tacos because they are the best things to have to make your dull days, delicious days…. Sending you warm wishes on National Taco Day 2022…”
- “Today is National Taco Day…. The most awaited day to enjoy spicy and delicious tacos in different varieties…. May you enjoy the best of the tacos…”
- “Life is good till the time you have tacos on your plate to make each and every day of your life a little tastier and a little more enjoyable….. Best wishes on National Taco Day 2022…”
- “Beans with lots of chilies loaded in tacos sheets make the best food in this world…. May each and every day of your life be blessed with yummy tacos…. Happy National Taco Day 2022…”
- “If you feel that you are having a boring life then for sure you are missing tacos in your life…. On National Taco Day, I wish that you enjoy these wonderful munchies every day of your life…”
National Taco Day 2022 Messages
- “On the occasion of National Taco Day, I wish that you enjoy different varieties of tacos that surprise your taste buds and leave you with satisfaction….. Best wishes on Happy Taco Day 2022…”
- “As we celebrate National Taco Day, I wish that your loved ones treat you with these super delicious delicacies which are a treat for taste buds….. Best wishes on Happy Taco Day 2022…”
- “If you have tacos in your meals then you definitely have good days in your life because they have the magical power to bring peace to your heart and a smile to your face…. Happy National Taco Day 2022…”
- “Tacos restore faith in life, tacos give strength to keep moving on, tacos add spice to life…. Cheers to tacos on National Taco Day with a wish that they are always there to make our days brighter…”
- “Tacos are the best friends because they not only taste good but they also promise a contented meal…. Sending best wishes on the occasion of Happy Taco Day 2022…”
National Taco Day 2022 Quotes
- Wanna see a magic trick? I can make these tacos disappear. – Unknown
- I don’t know much about the Supreme Court. If it’s anything like the Supreme Taco, it’s like a regular court, but with extra sour cream. – Craig Ferguson
- Great art is horseshit, buy tacos. – Charles Bukowski
- Life is good till the time you have tacos on your plate to make each and every day of your life a little tastier and a little more enjoyable. – Unknown
- When it’s done properly, taco should be a verb. – Jonathan Gold
- If we date, we’re not going wine tasting, we’re going taco tasting. – unknown
- belief in love at first sight. after all, I’ve seen tacos. – Unknown
- I’m so happy I don’t have to hunt for my food. I don’t know where tacos live. – Unknown
National Taco Day 2022: Deals and Free Tacos
The abundance of freebies and fantastic offers available on International Taco Day is one of its best features. We did some research and have provided some below for your convenience.
If Taco Ring is your go-to taco vendor, you’ll be happy to learn that on October 4, 2018, they will be promoting a $5 Goodie Bag in honor of National Taco Day. Two Doritos Locos Tacos with Nacho Cheese are included in the gift package along with two crispy tacos.
Grill & Wings Hurricane
For two people, this small treat seems ideal. A free taco is available at Hurricane Grill and Wings when you purchase one taco & two beers.
It’s dollar taco time at Chuy’s. Any entrée purchased for in-person dining can have a fried beef taco added for $1. Additionally, they are selling $1 floaters to add more tequila to your favorite margarita and $5 shots of premium tequila.
Tacos by Fuzzy
Do you have Fuzzy’s Tacos nearby? Fuzzies will be selling tacos for $1.50 each all day long on National Taco Day, so we hope you feel like indulging. The fantastic offer is accessible for both dine-in and takeout customers. Please, yes!
On October 4, if you visit Rubio’s and buy a drink, you’ll also get a complimentary taco to accompany it.
On National Taco Day, stop into Chronic Tacos between the hours of 11 and 2 for a complimentary taco. Chicken, Al Padre, Carnitas, and Even beyond Beef are the options available. Check out their social media accounts as they’ll be releasing a code there that may be used to get a free taco.
On The Border
On The Border’s National Taco Day specials include seasoned hamburger meat, chicken tinga taco for $2, or Southwest chicken and otherwise brisket tacos for $4.
There is nothing like the taste of tacos.
A mind-blower is what you’re looking for. When you make your own taco by combining your favorite meats, cheeses, vegetables, seasonings, and sauces, the options are virtually limitless. Hello, please!
You are covered whether you are a carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore.
Others live a fast-paced existence, in contrast to those who prefer having their time to eat a delicious taco. Tacos are a terrific choice for anyone who is constantly on the run.
The most comforting food is tacos.
It’s difficult not to get thrilled about those delicious, crisp shells or warm, soft wraps. Tacos can be made to suit any taste and come in a variety of sizes, flavors, and spice levels. You can find a taco that is suitable for you if you are vegetarian, vegan, kosher, dairy intolerant, or gluten-free.