The Motorola Razr 2022 has officially made its appearance in China, although with a small delay. We don’t have all the specifics yet, but it appears to be a full-fledged flagship that compares well to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. If it ever sees a global release, it may potentially make the list of best foldable phones.
Top-tier specs were rumored, and we got some. The phone comes with up to 12GB of RAM and an outstanding camera and CPU. Furthermore, Motorola removed the phone’s trademark chin, slimming it considerably. While it was not a huge leap forward, Motorola addressed some of the shortcomings of the original Razr and Razr 5G 2023
Key Features of the Motorola Razr 5G 2023
- The Motorola Razr 2022 was released in China on August 11th. The phone is now limited to China, but there are clues that a worldwide release is on the way.
- This latest edition has a sleeker look and a brand new Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 CPU,, however it is only a little improvement over the previous generation.
- The Motorola Razr 2022’s specifications and pricing range place it squarely in conflict with the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
What are the specifications of the Moto Razr 5G 2023?
- Square design that has been updated with no chin
- 7-inch OLED 144Hz panel with a 2.7-inch front screen
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 50MP primary camera
- RAM of up to 12GB and storage of up to 512GB
Now that the device has been officially unveiled, we have all of the specifications and other information you need.
To begin with, the inside screen is 6.7in P-OLED, as rumors predicted. This implies that the trademark chin design (available in black or white) is no longer available in order to accommodate the larger display. It has a 10-bit screen with HDR10+ compatibility, DC dimming, and a refresh rate of 144Hz, which is faster than the projected 120Hz and the fastest refresh rate on any folding to yet.
Motorola Razr 5G 2023 Overview
- The crease was minimized through a gapless folding design, and the inside teardrop shape whenever the phone is shut has a radius of 3.3mm.
- Because of the Razr’s hinge design, it can be held open in several orientations, with the screen divided in two for different tasks. The cameras can also be utilized while the phone is sitting on a flat surface in ‘tripod’ mode.
- Moving to the outer screen, it appears to be 2.7in (rather than the anticipated 3in) and provides nine widgets for various functions, as well as the ability to take selfies.
- You can take selfies with the 50Mp primary camera, which includes OIS. It has a sensor that measures 1/1.55in and has 1.0m pixels (2.0m with 4-in-1 binning).
- There’s also a 13Mp ultrawide with a 121-degree field of view with autofocus, which means it can handle macro images at 2.8cm.
- When you open the Razr 2022, you’ll find a punch-hole 32Mp camera.
- Moving on to internal specifications, Motorola has chosen the top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 to energy the phone along with 8GB or 12GB of RAM.
- Then there’s 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB of storage (depending on the market), with only the biggest matching 12GB of RAM.
- Whenever it concerns the battery, we’re pleased to hear that it has been raised to 3500mAh (from 2800mAh) and that charging is now faster at 33W.
- Dual-SIM, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and a USB-C port are among the connectivity options. There is another side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- Finally, the software is Android 12 with Motorola’s MyUI 4.0 interface. This model features Ready For 3.5, which means it can be connected to a display adapter for a desktop interface.
Displays on Motorola Razr 5G 2023
The Razr 2022 maintained the same clamshell foldable design as the previous Razr phones. The inbuilt 6.7-inch FHD+ display on the Razr 2022 has a refresh rate of 144Hz. The exterior display is substantially larger than the exterior display of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 at 2.7 inches.
Motorola Moto Razr 5G 2023 Price
There are three different RAM and storage setups. The 512GB model has 12GB of RAM, compared to 8GB for the 128GB and 256GB devices. It will cost CNY 5,999, or about $890, for the 128GB version, and CNY 5,999, or about $965, for the 256GB version. You must pay CNY 7,299, or around $1,083, for the 12GB RAM/512GB storage option. There are far more options here than on the last Razr, which was only available in 8GB/256GB.