Happy Australia Day – (Jan 26, 2024): HD Images, Wishes & Quotes! Australia Day is an annual national holiday celebrated on Jan 26 each year. In 2023, it will be celebrated on Tuesday, Jan 26. This day marks the anniversary of the first fleet of British ships arriving at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation of British sovereignty over the continent’s eastern seaboard.
It is a day of celebration and reflection on the nation’s history, culture, and achievements. Happy Australia Day 2024! May this day be filled with festivities, BBQs, and all the fun of celebrating our wonderful nation. Here’s to the land of the free and the home of the brave!
How to Celebrate Australia Day 2024?
- Attend a local Australia Day event: Many cities and towns across Australia host special community events to celebrate Australia Day, such as concerts, festivals, parades, flag-raising ceremonies, and fireworks displays. Check your local council’s or Australia Day websites to find out what’s happening in your area.
- Host an Australia Day BBQ: Gather your friends and family and enjoy a traditional Aussie BBQ. Make sure you have plenty of snags, steak, onions, and, of course, lamingtons!
- Watch an Australia Day documentary: Tune into an Australia Day documentary, such as ABC’s ‘Australia: The Story of Us’, to learn more about the history, culture, and people of Australia.
- Visit an Australia Day market: Many cities and towns host Australia Day markets, where you can find unique local products and experience the country’s unique culture.
- Take in a live performance: Whether it’s a play, musical, or concert, head to your local theatre or concert hall for a night of Australian entertainment.
- Celebrate with multicultural foods: There’s no better way to celebrate our multicultural nation than with a feast day.
Happy Australia Day 2024 Sydney
There will be various family-friendly activities and food stalls around Sydney’s famous beaches and parks, with live music and entertainment throughout the day. The traditional Australia Day parade and the annual Citizenship Ceremony will also occur in the city center.
Happy Australia Day 2024 Quotes
“The Australia Day holiday is a chance to reflect on our history, celebrate our achievements, and contemplate our future as a nation,” said Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
“Australia Day is a day to celebrate our shared history, our unique land, and our diverse people. It is a day to be proud of our nation and the many gifts it has given us.” – Governor General David Hurley.
“Australia Day is a time to reflect on our history, to celebrate our achievements, and to contemplate our future as a nation,” said Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
“Let us take this opportunity today to celebrate the nation we have become, the people who have made us, and the future we promise to keep.” – Governor-General Quentin Bryce
Australia Day 2024 Wishes
Happy Australia Day 2024! May we continue striving for a better Australia and remain united in our shared values and goals. Cheers!
Happy Australia Day! On this particular day, let us take a moment to celebrate the incredible country we call home.
Happy Australia Day! May this day unite us all to celebrate the beautiful things that make our country so great. Wishing you and your family a wonderful day of fun and festivities!
Australia Day is an annual national holiday in Australia, celebrated every year on Jan 26. It marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships to Australia and the proclamation of British sovereignty over the continent’s eastern seaboard.
Happy Australia Day Quotes 2024
- “To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one’s mother…” – Barry Humphries.
- “Australia is a nation of compassion. Courage and compassion. And the third of these great values: resilience…” – Kevin Rudd
- “Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that…” – Andre Benjamin
- “Today, we take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all Australians…” – Kevin Rudd.
- “God bless America, God Save the Queen, God defend New Zealand, and thank Christ for Australia..” – Russell Crowe.
- “Australia is just so full of surprises…” – Bill Bryson
In 2024, Australia Day will be celebrated on Sunday, Jan 26. It is a day for all Australians to reflect on their country’s history and culture and appreciate their positive contribution to the nation. On this day, Australians also take the opportunity to honor the Indigenous Australians and their culture and recognize and celebrate the modern-day diversity of the country.