National New Friends’ Day 2023: Best Wishes, Images & Quotes – On October 19th, 2023, Americans will commemorate National New Friends Day. This Day can be observed in a variety of ways. In the US, it is not a recognized holiday. Here are some ideas for celebrating this Day. Start by getting to know a friend better. Today is the day to learn more about someone if you want to. You might be asked to a nearby café or park to strike up a little talk.
In what year, 2023, is National New Friends Day?
Wednesday, October 19, 2023, will be designated as National New Friends Day. These days are observed nationwide on October 19th each year. Making new friends is the primary cause of this day’s celebration. We advise you to invite the people you are most eager to get to know. If you already believed that someone was accessible, you can now ask them out and start a friendship on this day.
National New Friends Day’s History
It appears that National New Friends Day evolved from a number of other celebrations of friendship and friendship-centered holidays. National Make a Friend Day, which falls on February 11, Friendship Day, and International Friendship Day are all annual celebrations that take place on either July 30 or August 1. National New Friends Day, however, appears to have been created online. Although there is no known first appearance date, there are a number of linked days with intriguing histories. Read on then.
All of these holidays appear to have originated from a marketing strategy used by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark Cards, as a consumer marketing tool in the 1920s. Sadly, a wary public never really accepted the concept of a friendship day. Consumers were impacted by changing film and art styles by the 1920s, and it’s likely that the marketing of friendship was seen as a little gimmicky at that point. This caused interest in Friendship Day to decline precipitously in the 1930s. By the 1940s, Friendship Day had almost completely vanished. However, World Friendship Day was started by Paraguay in 1958. All people require friends.
Then, an odd event transpired. In Asia, Friendship Day attracted a lot of attention and gained enormous popularity. It’s simple to establish friends across national borders and even entire continents thanks to the internet, GIFS, and memes. In 2011, the General Assembly of the United Nations decided to join in on the celebration by designating July 30 as International Friendship Day. The first Sunday in August is also a holiday dedicated to this occasion.
New Friends Day 2023 Wishes & Messages
On this day, don’t forget to wish your new friends. They are waiting for your Wishes. You can now send a thank-you message to any pals who have already sent you well wishes.
- Each friend stands in for a world that may not have even existed before they arrived in our lives. It is only through this meeting that a new world is born.
- True friendship is like good health; its worth is rarely realized until it is gone.
- We were scurrying around in diapers the other day. Years passed, and we are still close friends. Recognize that you are loved. Greetings on National New Friends Day.
- An entire room can be illuminated by a single candle. A genuine buddy can shine throughout a lifetime. Thank you for your friendship’s shining example.
- Like philosophy and art, National New Friends Day is unnecessary. It is one of those items that gives survival value rather than having any survival value.
- Making 100 friends in a year is not a big accomplishment, but making a friend for 100 years is. National Day of New Friends.
- Let’s foster warm relationships that improve our shared humanity and advance the welfare of the human family on this day National New Friends Day.
- I wouldn’t jump from a bridge with my buddies if they all did. To catch them, I would be at the bottom.
New Friends Day 2023 Quotes
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” S. Lewis
- “I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend.” Abraham Lincoln
- “Friends are the best to turn to when you’re having a rough day.” Justin Bieber – Singer
- “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.” Jim Henson
- “Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” Virginia Woolf
- “Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.” Elbert Hubbard
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
Activities for National New Friends Day
Get to know a friend a little better
The time has come to reach out to someone you’ve always wanted to get to know better. Perhaps it’s a coworker you’ve always wanted to get to know better or someone you frequently run into at the neighborhood coffee. Spend a little time talking (and even eating a sandwich) with your coworker on New Friends Day.
Check to see if your current friendships are strong and fulfilling
It’s a fantastic idea to evaluate your current friendships today. Make sure that each of your businesses benefits the others. Are you friends with those who are closest to you? Are they treating you the same way?
Attend a neighborhood gathering in your area
Participating in neighborhood events is one of the finest ways to meet new people. Join a meet-up devoted to a hobby you’re passionate about or a community volunteer group. Although attending your first meeting may be scary, doing so is the first step to meeting new individuals who share some of your interests. On your front porch at a neighborhood party, new pals might hang there for a change!