Every year on August 26, National Dog Day is observed to urge people to get dogs rather than buy them from pet stores. We honor these adorable, fuzzy creatures who not only keep us company and provide us comfort but also defend us. Undoubtedly, dogs are a man’s best friend. Stanley Coren, a major expert on dogs and a psychologist, claims that dogs’ mental capacities are comparable to those of a human kid between the ages of two and five. However, intelligence varies between breeds.
There are many different backgrounds for the occasion in Michigan, from famous Dearborn dogs to emotional support puppies, and there are many ways to commemorate it. What you need to know about National Dog Day is as follows:
National Dog Day History
Every year on August 26, National Dog Day is observed. Colleen Paige, a champion of the pet and family lifestyle, picked that day because it was when her family first took their dog home at the age of ten years old. The purpose of the festival is to honor dogs, promote adoption, and increase awareness of the number of shelter dogs. Since 2004, National Dog Day has grown and is now celebrated everywhere.
The Humane Society of the United States and West Coast Labrador Retriever Rescue is now just two of the rescue groups that have teamed up with the event’s organizers to raise awareness of the problem. Together, they draw attention to the significant number of dogs who are in need of homes and actively encourage anyone searching for such a dog to visit adoption facilities rather than pet stores.
The day is now a fantastic opportunity to spend with our dog if you don’t want to adopt one. The event is also used by the founder, Colleen Paige, to highlight the numerous contributions dogs make to society, such as supporting law enforcement personnel and guiding and assisting those with impairments.
Importance of National Dog Day
There are a lot of dogs on the roads today that is not receiving the right care and attention. In addition, they receive inadequate nutrition. They frequently have to ingest contaminated water and look for food in trash cans. They even experience maltreatment.
National Dog Day urges individuals to better care for their canine companions by bringing attention to issues like these. Not all dogs are fortunate enough to be adopted by people and have access to nutritious food and comfortable accommodations.
How to celebrate Dog Day 2022?
Even if they might not be knowing of the holiday, dogs always enjoy having more time with their humans. Here are a few ideas for how to honor your dog and observe National Dog Day. Regardless of the breed, take a dog from the local animal shelter for adoption.
- Donate food and shelter to a group that promotes animal welfare.
- Give your dog some time.
- Play with it, go for a walk with it, or get it a new toy.
- Post selfies of you and your dog on social media.
- Inform people about the issues that affect our furry buddies.
Happy National Dog Day Quotes and Sayings
- “You are truly blessed because you have a dog who loves you the most in this world and cares for you like you mean the world to him…. On the occasion of National Dog Day, wishing you and your dog a wonderful day of love…”
- “Dogs are blessed with inner and outer beauty which makes them so special and adorable…. They connect so beautifully with humans because they love and care beyond any condition…. Best wishes on National Dog Day 2022…”
- “You don’t need a day to celebrate National Dog Day because your dog will always love you and give you all the attention you want each and every day without fail and without asking for anything in return.
Happy National Dog Day Slogans
- “They know when you are happy and when you are sad because they are connected with your heart… They are the great dogs…”
- “There is only one and only one creature in this world which is the most loyal and most loving and that is your DOG…”
- “If you want a love that is unconditional and pure then a DOG is what you need in your life to make it a good one…”
- “Lots of love and loyalty for life is what you need to have a wonderful life and only a DOG can give you that…”
- “If you have a dog in your life then you have found a true friend who will always stay with you…”