Happy Memorial Day (USA) 2023: Meaning, Traditions, Wishes & Quotes! Happy Memorial day is one of the great days celebrated in American history. An American holiday, honored on the last Monday of May. It is dedicated to those men and women who have died while serving in the US military. Memorial day is much more than just a day off work.
Originally known as Decoration Day, Memorial Day was first celebrated in 1868 to honor the Union soldiers who died during the Civil War. It was later expanded to include all American soldiers who died in battle. On this day, Americans visit memorials, and cemeteries to pay regard to their services. People also honor this day by having family gatherings and participating in parades as well.
We had this day after the Civil war in 1868. The organization of Union veterans announced the celebration of this holiday and now it is known as decoration day. Honor this day and decorate the graves with flowers. Nowadays, Memorial day is observed as a time to remember and honor those who have died while serving in the US military. It’s also a time to celebrate the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.
Happy Memorial Day Messages 2023
- “This Memorial Day, our deepest gratitude goes to the fallen men and women who gave the citizens of the United States a chance to make this world a better place…”
- “Join us today to count our blessings and stand proud…”
- “In honor of Memorial Day, let us take inspiration from the brave soldiers who gave up their lives and become good citizens of our nation…”
- “Let us remember all our heroes who have left us while fighting for our country…”
- “Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
- “This Memorial Day, we remember those heroes who courageously gave their lives…”
- “Let us gather together in celebration and remembrance of our heroes who have fallen…”
- “Let’s take a moment of silence to remember and honor the sacrifices of the thousands of men and women who gave up their lives for our country…”
- “Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it…”
- “Take a moment this Memorial Day weekend to honor those who served our nation and are no longer with us…”
Happy Memorial Day Wishes Messages
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.
- “Join us in praise of the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of the United States of America…”
- “Each Memorial Day, we honor those who died for the United States. May their sacrifice be a constant reminder of things that matter…”
- “May this Memorial Day bring you good memories of your son? We are forever grateful for his service to our country and his great courage…”
- “This Memorial Day and every day, we appreciate all the great deeds and sacrifices done to grant us a chance to enjoy freedom…”
- “On Memorial Day, we remember those fallen heroes who left a mark on our history.
- “In honor of those who fought for our freedom until their dying breath, we remember and thank them on this Memorial Day USA 2023…”
Happy Memorial Day 2023 Quotes
- “Their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored…” >Daniel Webster
- “Freedom is never given; it is won…” > Philip Randolph
- “Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great, and we must never forget all they have done to ensure our freedom…” >Rodney Frelinghuysen
- “For the love of country, they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue…” >James A. Garfield
- “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours…” >Wallace Bruce
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave…” > Elmer Davis
- “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it…” >Unknown
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example…” >Benjamin Disraeli
- “To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day…” > Unknown
Happy Memorial Day Quotes Messages 2023
- “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle…” >Norman Schwarzkopf
- ”The brave die never, though they sleep in the dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men…” > Minot J. Savage
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself…” >Joseph Campbell
- “In the aftermath, we are because they were…” >RJ Heller
- “We take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude…” >Cynthia Ozick
- “On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses…” >Richelle E. Goodrich
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived…” >George S. Patton
After that, memorial day has been formally observed at Arlington National Cemetery in Washington DC. It is a remembrance act that was passed by Congress in 2000. Americans pay regard to the martyrs on this day by having silence for a moment at 3 PM. Memorial Day is not only about those who have gone but never forget their families. Meet and give time to them to show how much you value their services.