Happy Veterans Day 2022: Best Messages, Wishes & Quotes… Veterans Day will be observed on November 11, 2022, and we have all the information you need to know. World War II veteran Raymond Weeks first observed Veterans Day in Alabama in 1945.
Veterans Day: What is it?
Veterans Day, also known as Armistice Day, is a holiday honoring those who have served in the US armed forces as veterans. It is distinct from Memorial Day because the latter honors all veterans, not only those who died while serving their country.
What time is Veterans Day?
Veterans Day is a federal holiday in the US that is honored on November 11th, no matter what day of the week it occurs. Veterans Day will be held on November 11th, Friday, 2022. The eleventh day of the eleventh month falls on a Friday this year.
Why Do We Celebrate Veterans Day?
Veterans Day is a significant holiday set aside to celebrate and express gratitude to EVERYONE who has served in the US military, whether in a time of war or peace when they were still alive or have since passed away. We can’t all be heroes; someone needs to stand on the sidewalk and applaud people as they pass. Rogers, Roy
November 11 is recognized as Remembrance Day in Canada. This holiday, which celebrates veterans who have died while serving their country, is more akin to Memorial Day than Veterans Day.
History of Veterans Day
In the United States, Veterans Day was once known as Armistice Day to honor the time at 11:00 a.m. on November 11, 1918, when the armistice that ended World War I was signed. In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson observed the inaugural Armistice Day. By way of a congressional act, November 11th was declared an official holiday in 1938. This federal holiday’s name was changed from “Armistice Day” to “Veterans Day” in 1954. When the holiday’s name was changed to Veterans Day, it became a day to celebrate ALL the men and women who had served in the American military services, even though it had originally been established to honor those who had died while serving their country. At Virginia’s Arlington National Cemetery, significant events are hosted annually. Vietnam Veterans memorial portion of the memorial in Washington, D.C.
Here are the ways you can show vets that you appreciate the sacrifices they made:
On Veterans Day, make contact with any veterans you personally know (perhaps a relative, friend, or even a neighbor) by calling or going to see them in person! This is one chance to do more than just express gratitude. If a veteran is willing to talk about it, find out where they served, where they were stationed, what exact occupations they performed while serving, and other details. Write a thank you note and deliver it to a VA hospital if you don’t know any veterans personally. It’s okay if you can’t send a card before Veterans Day; thoughtful cards are always appreciated. Alternatively, get in touch with Operation Gratitude, which delivers thank-you notes and care packages to veterans and veterans serving overseas.
- A tiny flag should be placed on each veteran’s grave. For many scout troops, this is an annual tradition.
- Are you a licensed driver? Help disabled veterans get to their medical appointments. Get in touch with the hospital service coordinator at the VA hospital in your area.
- If you give to charities, think about supporting injured soldiers. Alternatively, fund an “honor flight” to transport Vietnam, Korean, and World War II veterans to Washington D.C. to visit their national monuments. Give here.
Happy Veterans Day 2022 Quotes
- “Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day 2022…” >Charles B. Rangel
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened…” >Billy Graham
- “There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country…” >Nick Lampson
- “I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me…” >Lee Greenwood
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree…” >Thomas Campbell
- “America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world…” >John Doolittle
Happy Veterans Day 2022: Messages
- “Happy Veterans Day and an infinite amount of respect to you. You are the best of the bests”…
- “I appreciate every veteran, but even among them, I find you to be the bravest and strongest”… Happy Veterans Day 2022!
- “The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction”… – Charles Spurgeon
- “We owe our World War II veterans – and all our veterans – a debt we can never fully repay. – Doc Hastings”…
- “May the flag wave boldly with its vibrant and glorious hues Honoring Veterans like you today with the beautiful red, white, and blue”… – Happy Veterans Day 2022!
- “Liberty comes at a price and the men and women who serve our country are willing to pay that price for our freedom and for peace. Today, we thank you, we salute you, we honor you, Veterans”…
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude”… – Jeff Miller
Happy Veterans Day 2022: Wishes
- “No amount of words can express my gratitude towards you for leading and protecting us. Happy Veterans Day 2022 and many blessings to you”…
- “Thank you for dedicating your life to the country and protecting our rights. You are a true hero”…
- “The way you have served the country should be written in our history. Thank you for all the sacrifices”…
- “You have chosen the country over everything else and showed us what true patriotism looks like. Thank you for all of it! Happy Veterans Day 2022”…
- “You have sacrificed your hours of freedom so the rest of the nation can enjoy it, what could be a more selfless act! Thank you, and happy Veterans Day”…
- “The brave souls are gone, but they can never be forgotten. On Veteran’s Day, let’s remember and salute their courage”… – Happy Veterans Day 2022!
- “You had taken the responsibility of serving the nation, and you fulfilled it with utmost perfection. Thank you”…
- “You are a real-life superhero who has protected his people and I feel honored to know you. Thank you”…