The holy occasion of Raksha Bandhan is quickly approaching, and siblings are giddy with anticipation. This celebration of siblings is held on the full moon day, also known as Purnima, of the Shravan or Sawan month. On this day, the sisters tie a rakhi around their brother’s wrists to wish him a long, prosperous, and happy life. In exchange, the brothers promise to protect their sisters for the rest of their lives. Another distinguishing feature of this Hindu event is the close friendship between brothers and sisters. Religion holds that tying a rakhi at auspicious times has great significance and brings wealth.
Date for Raksha Bandhan in 2022
The Shukla Paksha full moon day in the Shravan month will begin at 10.38 am on Thursday, August 11. On August 12, Purnima Tithi will last until 7:05 am. On August 11, the Rakshabandhan celebration will be observed.
On August 11, 2022, the auspicious time to tie a rakhi will begin in the morning, according to the Hindu calendar. On this day, you should tie your rakhi between 10:38 am and 9 pm. You should now tie a rakhi around your brother’s wrist. Interestingly, Amrit Kaal will occur between 6:55 and 8:20 pm and Abhijeet Muhurta will occur between 12:06 and 12:57 pm.
Raksha Bandhan Bhadra time
- End of Raksha Bandhan Bhadra: 8:51 p.m.
- Raksha Bandhan Bhadra Poonch: 05:17 till 06:18
- Raksha Bandhan Bhadra Mukha: 06:18 till 08:00
History of Raksha Bandhan: The Related Stories
In Indian tradition, the Rakshabandhan festival is especially important. On this day, the brothers make a protection vow to their sister by tying a rakhi around her wrist. In religious literature, there are numerous mythical tales concerning Raksha Bandhan. Tell us how it began and who is connected to it.
Krishna and Draupadi
Shri Krishna had raised the Sudarshan Chakra against King Shishupala in Tretayuga, before the Mahabharata War, during which his hand was hurt and began to bleed. Draupadi tore a piece of her saree and tied it to his hand, and in exchange, Shri Krishna swore to protect Draupadi from all harm. Raksha Bandhan is a holiday commemorating how Krishna bound this raga around Draupadi during Raga Haran to keep her safe.
Rakhi of Indra and Indrani
It is thought that demonic forces predominated in a battle between asuras and gods in the past. Certainly, their military triumph was taken into account. Indra, the queen of the gods, began to worry for his wife Indrani. She then created a strong protecting thread via worship and fastened it to Indra’s wrist. Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on Sawan Purnima because it is believed that following this, the gods won the conflict. However, this was the only time the wife had tied a rakhi around her husband’s neck. However, this changed later in the Vedic era, and the event became centered around a brother-and-sister relationship.
Queen Karnavati and Emperor Humayun
To ask Emperor Humayun to save her from the invasion of Sultan Bahadur Shah of Gujarat, Queen Karnavati of Chittor sent him a rakhi. To protect them all, Humayun received her Rakhi as well and headed to Chittor with his men. Rani Karnavati, however, committed suicide before Humayun arrived in Chittor.
Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022 Quotes
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self…” > Marian Sandmaier
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet…” > Vietnamese Proverb
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero”- Marc Brown
- “My brother may not always be at my side but he is always in my heart…” >Unknown
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk…” >Susan Scarf Merrell
- “My big brother still thinks he’s a better singer than me…” >Rod Stewart
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there…” > Amy Li
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply…” >Jane Austen
Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022 Messages
- “You are the luckiest boy because you have a sister like me. Happy Raksha Bandhan bro…”
- “My dearest sister, first of all, a very “Happy Raksha Bandhan”. This Rakhi I promise I will always have your back. Whenever you turn back, you will always find me…”
- “My little sister, I don’t know what turns our lives will take but I promise you that whether we are close or far, you will always hold a very special place in my heart. Happy Raksha Bandhan sister…”
- “One thing I never forget to pray to God is – to protect my sweet sister from all the evil and give her a whole world of happiness. Happy Raksha Bandhan Quotes…”
- “I love you sister till death and will always be one call away in all your needs. Happy Raksha Bandhan Wishes…”
- “It’s a promise from your brother that no matter what, I will always support and love you. Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022…”
- “I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong-minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022…”
Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022 Status
- “Hey, sister!! I may be younger than you but strong enough to protect you from any evil. Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022…”
- “I am glad to receive the most precious gift from God and that is you, sister!! Loads of love & Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022…”
- “Your happiness is my world, my baby sister!! Happy Raksha Bandhan
Life is beautiful because of you my darling sister…”
- “My darling brother, I know I fight with you a lot, but today, on an auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I just want to tell you that you are my world and being your sister is an honor to me…”