Happy National Flag Day is a holiday in the United States that commemorates the history, symbolism, and adoption of the flag of the United States. It happened on June 14, 1777. Flag day is not a federal holiday, but it is observed in some states. In Pennsylvania, for example, flag day is a state holiday. The history of the flag of the United States is long and complicated. The flag has gone through many changes over the years, and each change has been met with controversy. In 2022, flag day will be honored for the bicentennial of the Flag Act of 1818. This act standardized the design of the flag and established new rules for its use.
What is US Flag day?
National Flag day is an annual celebration of the American flag. It is the day in 1777 when the Continental Congress approved the design of the United States flag. Flag day is celebrated on June 14th every year. The Sons of Liberty in Hartford, Connecticut in 1885, have ever celebrated the First flag day. The tradition spread quickly, and by 1916 all states were celebrating Flag day. In 1949, President Harry S. Truman signed into law an act making Flag day a national holiday.
When is US Flag Day 2022?
US Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. Though it is not considered a federal holiday, the president of the US announces the celebration of the day.
Happy Flag Day 2022 Messages
- “Everyone should at least try to get knowledge about the flag of the country they belong to…”
- “Hold the national flag of your country as high as you hold your opinion of yourself…”
- “Every flag has a history that deserves to be heard…”
- “We all feel proud when we see our national flag unfurling before us…”
- “Our flag is the representative of our freedom. it is an expression of the unity of all the men and women. Let us recall and celebrate the efforts made by our countrymen is making our country proud. – Happy National Flag Day to you all…”
- “American Flag represents each and every one of us. It is the most sacred thing for every American. – Happy National Flag Day 2022…”
- Our national flag stands for our identity, our citizenship and it deserves the highest level of respect…”
- “You will find yourself hoping that the national flag of your own country is always flying high even if you are living in another country for years…”
- “The national flag of a country reminds the citizens of the country about their homes.
- “American Flag unites every man and woman, it is the strongest symbol of democracy and freedom. – Happy Flag Day US 2022…”
- “We are born in the United States of America and we are one. Our flag is the strongest representation of our strength and we would go farthest to fight for it. – Happy Flag Day to you…”
Happy National Flag Day 2022 Wishes
- “Our flag is our pride and we shall always protect its dignity. – Happy National Flag Day 2022…”
- “A flag is not a mere cloth, it represents our country and hence represents us…”
- “We will always feel proud of our own country and our own flag whenever we see it amongst the flags of other countries…”
- “If you love your country, you should love and respect the national flag of your country too.
- “A nation is represented by its flag and so a flag holds a very high position…”
- “The national flag of your country will always stir your emotions and give rise to patriotism in you…”
- “The flag of a country is the country’s biggest asset and it should always be respected…”
- “Happy Flag Day is a reminder that we all are Americans. We all must be very proud of our …” country, of our culture, of our flag which fills our hearts with pride. – Happy National Flag Day 2022…”
- “Happy National Flag Day to each and every American. It is a proud day for us and we must celebrate it with a zeal…”
How to Celebrate the National Flag Day US 2022?
Take a History Tour with Your Kids
A trivia game about an American Flag is a fast and simple way to learn some nuggets of information. Many people know that every star represents a state, but do they know that a new star only appears on the 4th of July after the admission of a state to the Union? Trivia-and tada!
Plan a Costume Contest as Part of a BBQ
No longer are the stars and stripes merely for flags. Take the opportunity to wear the red, white and blue socks, customized t-shirts, bathing suits, and hairstyles, on Flag Day. It’s a fantastic day to celebrate with a fun twist on your patriotism.
Inspirational Flag Day 2022 Quotes
- “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in… >, Theodore Roosevelt
- “Standing as I do, with my hand upon this staff, and under the folds of the American flag, I ask you to stand by me so long as I stand by it… >Abraham Lincoln
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it… >Mark Twain
- “I see Americans of every party, every background, and every faith who believe that we are stronger together: black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American; young, old; gay, straight; men, women, folks with disabilities, all pledging allegiance under the same proud flag to this big, bold country that we love. That’s what I see. That’s the America I know… >Barack Obama
- “The things that the flag stands for were created by the experiences of great people. Everything that it stands for was written by their lives. The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history… >Woodrow Wilson
- “White-collar conservatives flashing down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I’m gonna wave my freak flag high. – Jimi Hendrix
- “Our flag honors those who have fought to protect it and is a reminder of the sacrifice of our nation’s founders and heroes. As the ultimate icon of America’s storied history, the Stars and Stripes represent the very best of this nation… >Joe Barton
- “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom… >John Thune
- “We take the star from Heaven, the red from our mother country, separating it by white stripes, thus showing that we have separated from her, and the white stripes shall go down to posterity representing liberty… >George Washington