Golden Star Every year on the last Sunday in September, Mother’s Day is celebrated in the United States. It’s a day set aside to remember and honor individuals who lost a daughter or son during serving in the US military. Annual gatherings and events are held to publicly show respect, love, and sadness for Gold Star Mothers as well as their family. On this day, flags must be flown and displayed on all government buildings. According to Army.mil, the purpose of Gold Star Mother’s Day is to “honor and recognize those who have buried a son or daughter while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.”
The Gold Star: Why?
The Gold Star serves as a reminder of a loved one who died in battle. In accordance with a report in the Los Angeles Times, families across the nation began to display flagswith blue stars to indicate that a relative was serving in the military during World War I. On certain flags, there are multiple stars.
The exact beginnings of this custom are unknown, but at some juncture, gold star flags were flown to indicate that a family member had passed away while performing their job. Thanks to the contributions made by men as well as women serving in service, the term “Gold Star Family” entered the language of the nation.
Is Mother’s Day for Gold Star Mothers a Public Holiday?
Mother’s Day for Gold Star Veterans is not a statutory holiday. It falls on a Sunday, September 24, 2023, and most companies in the US Open as usual on that day.
What Carry Out People?
Every year during Gold Star Mother’s Day, the president of the United States urges all citizens to fly the flag and attend suitable gatherings to publicly show their admiration, grief, and respect for Gold Star Mothers as well as their families. The flag must be flown at all times in government buildings.
American Medal of Honor Mothers, Inc. is a group of mothers whose daughters or sons served in the armed forces and lost their lives doing so. Each year, it plans significant events which take part on or near Gold Star Mother’s Day. A Gold Star flowers wreath-laying ceremony and an afternoon trip to President Lincoln’s cottage in Washington, DC, were previous events.
In New Jersey, Parents of Lost Military Sons & Daughters Day is observed on the final Sunday in September. This day is dedicated to all the parents whose kids lost their lives while serving in the US military. It honors the contributions, dedication, and suffering made by those parents both on an individual basis as well as through American Gold Star Mothers, Inc.
Gold Star Mother’s Day is not a recognized holiday in the United States; hence it has little impact on daily living.
The practice of military families flying a service flag next to their front window is where the name “Gold Star Mothers” came from. Each family member who served their country was recognized with a star on the flag; living family members were indicated by blue stars. While gold stars were reserved for those who lost their lives in the line of duty. In 1918, President Woodrow Wilson gave his approval for anybody who had a relative who died while serving in the military to wear black armbands with a gold star. This set them apart from the blue stars, which stood for a relative who was currently serving in the military.
The US Congress granted American Gold Star Mothers, Inc. a federal charter when it was formed in 1929. 25 moms from the Washington, DC, region started it it quickly grew to include connected groups across the country Gold Star Mother’s Day every year since 1936 when a joint legislative resolution established the holiday.
A gold star represents a relative who died during the course of duty during serving in the US military. When carried by Gold Star moms, it can be found on a flying flag or even in the shape of a pin. The pin is given out by the US Defense Department and is not just given to moms.
Gold Star Mother’s Day Quotes 2023
- “Today is the day to show our gratitude towards all the military families for the sacrifices they have made for the country….. Warm wishes on Gold Star Mother’s Day 2023…”
- “Warm wishes on Gold Star Mother’s Day to every mother and every family who has lost a son or a daughter for the honor of the nation…”
- “On the occasion of Gold Star Mother’s Day. Let us thank every mom and dad of every superhero of our armed force who has given his life for the honor of America…”
- “The special occasion of Gold Star Mother’s Day is all about honoring Gold Star Mothers and families to tell them that they are strong and we will always be in debt of their loss…”
- “On this day of Gold Star Mother’s Day. let us honor each and every soldier who has lost his life and each and every family who has lost a son or daughter…. Warm wishes on Gold Star Mother’s Day Wishes 2023
- “Happy Gold Star Mother’s Day will always remind us of the supermoms who lost their children for the country and who are the inspiration for all other mothers…. Happy Gold Star Mother’s Day.
- “Wishing a very Happy Gold Star Mother’s Day to all the supermoms who raised their children into strong army men who fought for the country…”
Happy Gold Star Mother’s Day Wishes
- “On gold star mothers day and we pause to recognize these women and their families our deepest condolences and respect to them…”
- “Honoring gold star mothers and families for the sacrifice they made for the nation. You have proved nation comes above anything and everything…”
- “On gold star mothers day I show my gratitude to all military families for the many sacrifices you make, where the biggest is losing a loved one on-field…”
- “Illinois honors soldiers on gold star mothers day. You are an inspiration to many more families of the nation and the world…”
- “On this gold star mothers day, we recognize families lost sons and daughters in the service of the nation. We are proud to have you in society…”
- .The whole nation stands with you in this loss…”