First Day of Fall
On September 22, the Happy Autumnal Equinox 2022: Best Quotes, Wishes, Images & History, also known as the September hemisphere or the fall equinox, occurs. On this day, the Northern Hemisphere enters fall and the Southern Hemisphere enters spring. Learn about the equinox celebrations and the autumnal harbingers.
The Autumnal Equinox: When Is It?
On September 22, 2022, at 9:04 PM EDT in the Northern Hemisphere, the fall equinox occurs. The equinox happens simultaneously everywhere.
What Is the Equinox of Autumn?
The astronomical event known as the autumnal equinox signals the beginning of autumn (or “fall”). The autumnal equinox takes place in September in the time of Northern Hemisphere and also in March in the Southern.
An Happy Equinox is what?
The Sun passes what we refer to as the “celestial equator” at an equinox, which is really a hypothetical extrapolation of the Earth’s equator line. The Sun’s center precisely crosses this line during the equinox. For people in the Northern Hemisphere, the autumnal equinox occurs when the Sun passes the equator moving from north to south; the vernal equinox occurs when it passes from south to north. The opposite is true in the Southern Hemisphere.
Days get shorter than nights after the vernal equinox as the Sun keeps rising later as well as nightfall comes earlier. The winter solstice marks the conclusion of this and the beginning of a new day lengthening. The Latin roots of “equinox” are aequus, which means “equal,” and nox, which means “night.” The length of both the day & night is about equal on the equinox.
The Equinox and the Harvest Moon
One of our fascinating tidbits about the fall equinox is how it interacts with the supermoon. It’s odd that the full Moon closest to the vernal equinox is typically referred to as the “Harvest Moon.” How come?
Surprise, surprise: farming is involved! The full Moon rises before sunset on several nights in a row around the autumnal equinox, which has historically given farmers quite enough extra light to finish their crops before the autumnal fatal frosts arrive. The Moon rises an hour later than usual each night, however for many nights straight around the autumnal equinox, the Earth’s tilt and the Moon’s orbital angle coincide perfectly, causing the Moon to arrive only 20 to 30 minutes further than usual each night.
A Name for a Moon in Astrology
One of the only two Moon titles that are both astronomical words and unrelated to any particular month is the Harvest Moon. The term “Harvest Moon” is always applied to the full Moon that is closest to the equinox, which might occur in either September or October. (The full Moon that usually follows the Grain Moon is known as the Hunter’s Moon in astronomy. Either October but rather November is possible.)The Harvest Moon occurred this year on Saturday, September 10.
“They meet in the heaviest heat of the summer and the first chill of the fall” -Hannah Morgan John Piatt. Another way to describe fall is as “nights below freezing mixed with days below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21°C)”. The temperature starts to dip after this.
Keep in mind that the fall foliage is not a result of the current weather. This is a typical misunderstanding. Due to photosynthesis and the amount of lighting, leaves change color. On the Equinox, are day with night exactly equal? Some claim that day and night are equal on equinoxes. Actually, not quite. Depending on where you reside,
The Sun’s core does spend 12 hours above the horizon on the equinox. While “sunset” is claimed to occur when the full Sun has set, “sunrise” is defined as starting whenever the upper side of the Sun’s disk becomes apparent above the horizon (which occurs a little before the center rises). The length of daylight in this instance still exceeds that of night.
Furthermore, because of how Earth’s atmosphere bends the Sun’s rays in an arc across the horizon and refracts them, the Sun is truly visible while it is beneath the horizon. The Sun is visible before the edge of the horizon, yes! The length of daylight is increased as a result. Nevertheless, they are roughly comparable.
Is the official start of fall on the Autumnal Equinox 2022?
The first day of fall is, in fact, the autumnal equinox according to the scientific definition of the seasons. The Sun’s location in the sky is used to determine the astronomical seasons. In the Northern Hemisphere, September 1 is typically regarded as the first day of fall according to the scientific definition of periods, which is based on thermal cycling and the Gregorian calendar (March 1 in the Southern Hemisphere).
Is It Possible to Balance an Egg on An Equinox?
You may stand an egg on its end of the equinox, according to an old wives’ myth. Yes, that’s correct. However, it is not only feasible on the equinox.
Autumnal Equinox 2022 Messages
- “Summertime has ended and it is time to do things that we were longing to do but could not due because of the hot summer season. Wishing a very Happy Autumnal Equinox 2022..”
- “With the first day of fall, it is time to bid adieu to summers and step into the new season. Wishing a very Happy Autumnal Equinox 2022…”
- “Autumn is so full of positivity, happiness, and goodness. May this season bring you more glory and joy. Wishing a very Happy Autumnal Equinox 2022…”
- “Happy Autumnal Equinox to you. May God is there in this season as well to keep your loved ones happy and smiling, healthy and charming…”
- “Sending you lots of love and warm greetings as we step into the season of autumn. May with the harsh days of summer, all our sorrows and problems also end. Happy Autumnal Equinox…”
- “You deserve all the goodness and happiness in life and on the occasion of Autumnal Equinox, I pray for the best of everything for you…”
- “Warm greetings on Autumnal Equinox to you my dear. May the beginning of fall mark the beginning of a new chapter of your life…”
Autumnal Equinox 2022 Quotes
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address…” – Nora Ephron
- “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face…” – John Donne
- “It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life….” – P. D. James
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day…” – Shira Tamir
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall…” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers…” – L. M. Montgomery
- “How beautifully leaves grow old! How full of light and color are their last days..” – John Burroughs
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall…” – Oscar Wilde
Autumnal Equinox Wishes, Greetings
- “Celebrate and practice equilibrium in our daily life. Happy Fall Equinox 2022…”
- “Have a sight to see the humans around in an equal vision. Happy September Equinox 2022…”
- “Every year on this day, we see how the day has half-day and half-night. This can just be another way of telling us that we need balance in everything we do in life…”
- “The September Equinox seems more beautiful when we look at it as a message from Nature…”
- “Since this is harvest time, let us show gratitude for the harvest and growth of our soul and mind each day…”
- “Since Autumn means a new journey, we may prepare ourselves for a new journey this Equinox…”